Winter is coming; this is the favorite season of many people. People are enjoying their favorite soups and deserts this season, and many other people also like to take cold drinks and other beverages in the winter season. As a result, they got colds and flu. In the following article, we get to know about How to stop a runny nose? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Runny Nose: A brief definition
A runny nose is one of the biggest issues that a massive number of individuals face every year. A runny nose can be explained with this simple phrase: mucus is running out of the nose. It is brought about by seasonal influenza, cold sensitivity, and the external colder temperature. A term regularly utilized alongside the expression “runny nose” is Rhinorrhea. The other time used for a runny nose is “Rhinitis”. It is the aggravation of nasal tissue. When the infection enters the individual’s body, first, it incenses the pits and the nasal coating; from that point forward, the nose begins to get ready a lot of clear bodily fluid.
This mucus tangles the different viruses, bacteria, or allergens such as pollen and dirt and helps wash out of the nose and sinuses to stop a runny nose.
Why mucus is crucial
Mucus is a protecting material created by the mucous membrane, and it is a kind of tissue lining of the nasal cavity. Mucus moist the air when someone breathes, and it works as a fence for pollen, dirt, viruses and bacteria to keep out of the lungs. The nose produces mucus daily; maybe don’t notice this because it combines with saliva and drips down the back of the throat.
Causes of runny nose
Causes of a runny nose include:
- Critical sinusitis: infection of sinus and nasal cavity
- Pollen and dirt allergies
- Chronic sinusitis
- Common cold
- Covid-19: Coronavirus disease
- Overuse of Decongestant nasal spray
- Dry air
- Hormonal changes
- Influenza: flu
- Roomed object
- Medicines like which are used to treat high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, depression, and many other conditions.
- Nasal polyps
- Nasal rhinitis: chronic congestion or sneezing.
- Occupational asthma
- RSV: respiratory syncytial virus
- Spinal fluid leak
- Tobacco smoking
How to prevent a runny nose?
A runny nose normally leaves on its own. Though, contact the physician in such conditions:
- If the symptoms are present for more than ten days and there is no improvement in the patient’s condition.
- The symptoms are serious and unusual.
- If the drainage from the child’s nose comes from only one side of the nose, it is green in color or foul-smelling to stop a runny nose.
Ways to treat runny nose
Medicines like antibiotics are not necessary for the treatment of runny noses. These are some of the common and best treatments for a runny nose.
- Take a rest.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use a salty nasal spray to help relieve symptoms.
- Essential oils.
- Drinking hot tea.
- Facial steam.
- Hot shower.
- Spicy foods.
Also read: Oppo Reno 3 Price in Pakistan